BIHTM exchange opportunity to Thailand and Hong Kong
Would you rather eat endless amounts of street food in Thailand or shop til you drop in Hong Kong? With the exciting new BIHTM Exchange Opportunity, you can do both while earning credit towards your BIHTM degree!
This opportunity exists for a group of motivated BIHTM students (including eligible dual degree students) to join a unique study program. Commencing in the second half of 2017, you can study overseas at two of our premier partner institutions in Hong Kong and Thailand, gain credit transfer, and have the time of your life by broadening your degree experience and gaining a new perspective on your studies and future employment opportunities.
Study at Mahidol University, Thailand, ranked among the most prestigious educational institutions in Thailand, and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, ranked #44 2016 QS World University Rankings.
Mahidol University, Thailand
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Eligibility and applications
- You must complete a minimum of 16 units at UQ when exam results are released this November
- Your cumulative GPA must be a minimum 4.5 out of 7.0
- This opportunity is available to BIHTM and BIHTM dual degree students majoring in hospitality management or without a major (dual degree Arts students must also have room for electives in their planning)
- International students whose previous country of residence or citizenship is either Thailand or Hong Kong are not eligible to participate in this program
- Applications close 31 October 2017 - places are limited so please enquire as soon as possible
Courses undertaken at each partner institution will be credited back to your UQ studies and you will receive specific advice in regards to credit options and course planning.
31 October 2017 (spaces are limited - apply as early as possible)
Sep - Dec 2018: semester of study in Thailand
Jan - May 2019: semester of study in Hong Kong
Note: Study at both institutions is compulsory
Location: Thailand and Hong Kong