Faculty Collaborative Learning Centre
The BEL Faculty Collaborative Learning Centre (FCLC) provides students with information and support during their study in the BEL Faculty. The Student Experience Officers in the FCLC can assist you with a wide range of services including but not limited to:
- Assignment submission
- Study concerns
- Administration enquiries
- Credit transfers from other institutions
- International student enquiries
- Space for small group presentations and study meetings
- Access to BEL’s after hours computer lab
- Any enquiry relating to your student experience
To access this support simply email or visit the team in the FCLC during the opening hours of 8:30am - 5pm Monday - Friday and talk to them about your requirements.
BEL Faculty's Student Experience Team hold Drop In Sessions throughout the academic year for students to discuss their study progress, concerns and opportunities.
Authorisation to act on students behalf
If you find yourself in a position where someone must act on your behalf when communicating with UQ and the BEL Faculty, UQ must have received authorisation from yourself, nominating an approved delegate.
The Student Authorisation Form is to approve a delegate to act on your behalf. Please submit a hardcopy form in person to the Student Centre. This form must be submitted before the chosen delegate can act on your behalf.
Due to the high number of enquiries at the beginning of the semester, the BEL Faculty offers current students Drop In Sessions rather than individual appointments with Student Experience Officers (SEOs). Drop In Sessions are traditionally held just prior to and during the first week(s) of each semester.
Before you attend a Drop In Session you should see if the information below or on our FAQs page can answer your questions.
- New to UQ? Please attend Orientation.
- What do I have left to graduate and what should I enrol in this semester?
- Can I do Cross-Institutional Study, and what do I need to do to apply?
- I want to change my program, how do I apply?
- Can I study Overseas as part of my degree?
The Drop In Sessions are not for:
- Learning Agreement appointments. You will still be able to make an appointment to see your SEO as a condition of any Learning Agreement.
- Confirmation of credit from another institution. Please submit your credit application to the BEL Faculty before the semester commences. Your SEO will then process your credit application as soon as possible and will advise you of the outcome via your student email account.
- Approval for your program change. You will receive notification of the decision through mySI-net. If approved, your program will be changed and if you have indicated that you would like to receive credit, this will automatically be assessed as soon as possible after the processing of your program change.
- If you would like to discuss exchange, please attend an Exchange Information Session
If, after accessing the information above you still need to attend a Drop In Session, please go to the front counter of the BEL Faculty Collaborative Learning Centre (FCLC), level 1 Colin Clark (Building 39) at the times below.
The BEL Faculty Computer Laboratories are available to students studying a program through UQ Business School, School of Economics and TC Beirne School of Law.
Monday - Friday
7:50am - 10:00pm: General access to the main computer lab
10:00pm - 7:50am: After hours swipe card access
Saturday and Sunday
After hours swipe card access
Please note that anyone found in the labs after hours without an after hours swipe card and student ID card will be asked to leave by Security
To obtain after hours access
- Download and complete the after hours form
- Take the completed form to the BEL Faculty Collaborative Learning Centre, level 1, Colin Clark Building (39).
- Staff will place the access on to your Student Identification Card, which will be activated within 2 business days
For IT support in the BEL Computer Labs, please contact ITS via:
Phone: 07 336 56000 (ext: 56000)
The BEL computer labs are located on level 2 of the Chamberlain Building (35)
215 PCs are available in main lab - room 204, teaching and tutorial rooms - 201, 202, 203, 205 and 206.
Two additional teaching/tutorial rooms are located on level 2 of the GPN 3 Building (39a), rooms 221 and 222.
Printing and online storage
Printing in the BEL computer labs is administered by Unicard.