Study overseas scholarships
The BEL Faculty offers 12 Overseas Study Assistance Scholarships per year, valued between AUD$3,000 and AUD$5,000 each for students approved for an outgoing exchange program. These scholarships are awarded to students enrolled in a BEL Faculty program, who are undertaking an approved exchange semester to a partner institution where the studies will count towards their BEL Faculty program.
For exchange studies in 2017, six scholarships per semester will be awarded as follows:
- Two scholarships to the value of AUD$3,000 will be awarded to BEL students who undertake approved exchange studies towards their BEL program on the basis of academic merit
- Four scholarships to the value of AUD$5,000 will be awarded to BEL students who undertake approved exchange studies towards their BEL program to any of the following premier partner institutions in Europe and Asia:
- Aalto University, School of Business - Finland
- NHH - Norwegian School of Economics - Norway
- WHU - Otto Beisheim School of Management - Germany
- Warsaw School of Economics - Poland
- Universidade Catolica Portuguesa - Portugal
- University of St. Gallen - Switzerland
- Fudan University, China
- Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia
- University of Gadjah Mada, Indonesia
- Institute for Tourism Studies, Macau
Sun Yat-sen University - Lingnan (University) College Scholarships
One scholarship will be awarded in academic year 2016/2017 to an approved BEL student enrolled in a BEL Faculty program, who is undertaking an approved exchange semester to Sun Yat-sen University - Lingnan (University) College in China. The value of the scholarship is 10,000 RMB.
Institute for Tourism Studies
One scholarship will be awarded in Spring Semester (January – May) 2017 to an approved undergraduate BEL student enrolled in a BEL Faculty Program, who is undertaking an approved exchange semester to the Institute for Tourism Studies in Macau. The value of the scholarship is MOP20,000 (approx. USD2,500). Selection of the successful scholarship recipient is at the discretion of the BEL Faculty and the Institute for Tourism Studies, and may be based on academic merit.
No application is required for BEL Faculty Overseas Study Assistance, Sun Yat-sen University or Institute for Tourism Studies Scholarships. Recipients will be notified following the Exchange application deadline.
Please note: Any recipient of a BEL Faculty Scholarship will not be eligible to receive any other University exchange scholarship or travel bursary while in receipt of this scholarship. However, scholarship recipients may still be eligible to apply for OS-HELP loans. Each recipient will also be required to provide a testimonial and photo of their time on exchange, and may be required to participate in future exchange promotion.
School of Economics Scholarships
The School of Economics Jubilee Scholarship is open to students enrolled in the Bachelor of Economics program or a dual program with the Bachelor of Economics.
Please refer to the UQ School of Economics website for further information on how to apply for these scholarships.